Autopay: entering credit card or ACH info only once for multiple units?

kenmore
kenmore Registered User, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
Is there a way to enter credit card or ACH information (or re-enter it) only once for multiple units? We have lots of multiple unit tenants, and with all the credit card fraud happening, entering a new CC number for them is an opportunity to enter one incorrectly.

Best Answer

• James_Renouf
    James_Renouf SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can enter it one time. Go to operations / tenants and click on multi unit credit card. Select all units and put in the card number.

Answers

• AZStorageGuy
    AZStorageGuy Registered User ✭✭✭
    @kenmore, I've found that as long as the CC info is entered into the account under one of the units, the card info is available for paying on any or all of the units from the payment screen. (Also, autopay will use that card to pay all units.)
     William McBride
  • kenmore
    kenmore Registered User, myHub Certified ✭✭✭
    Super! This should be in the User Manual. Thanks
  • sonyawiprud
    sonyawiprud Registered User ✭✭✭
    @kenmore, I've found that as long as the CC info is entered into the account under one of the units, the card info is available for paying on any or all of the units from the payment screen. (Also, autopay will use that card to pay all units.)

That does not work on mine, it saves that card on file, and you can use it to make a payment but it won't run automatically until you enter it on the specific unit by itself, you can't do that if you don't have the whole number again, so what I have done in the past when they've asked for both units to be on auto pay and I forgot to set it up in Operations>Tenants>Multiple Units, as James Renouf explained, then I wait until the rent is due on that unit and run the card on file, then choose yes to the pop-up that asks if you want to be on auto-pay. Make sure before you do that, that in ledger settings, the card is checked for NONE, or the pop-up wont prompt you.

Maybe yours works differently because we run on anniversary dates here, so sometimes that second unit is not rented on the same day as the first unit. Hope this helped!

All Storage @ Encinitas, CA

• Sue_C
    Sue_C Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding details like that is awesome @soynawiprud, thanks!
  • col7121
    col7121 Registered User
    You can enter it one time. Go to operations / tenants and click on multi unit credit card. Select all units and put in the card number.

Thank you! I'm so excited as I'm already learning new things and have only been on here for 5 minutes!
  • ASPTU
    ASPTU Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭
    Thank you all for the information :)

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads