Marketing for a high competitor area

VanMall
VanMall Registered User
Hey there, so I work for a family owned company who hasn't even been open for a year yet. And we are smack dab in the middle of other storage competitors. It's seeming so difficult to get any leads and when we do, it always seams they choose a competitor vs. us. Anyone have experience with a similar situation? And helpful marketing tips would be helpful. Thank you!
Billie W.

Comments

• i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know WHY your leads are choosing your competitors?  Have you called around to see if your prices are comparable?  Is it security?
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • VanMall
    VanMall Registered User
    Yes prices are pretty well in the same ball park, and for an outside storage facility it is fully secured with cameras on just about every angle of the property. I know the owners were working on boosting our website on google, but other then that we use craigslist and have 'A' frame signs down by the major cross roads
    Billie W.
  • ESS
    ESS Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My post was slow & didn't see your reply.
    We have a location like this, in the Houston area..completely saturated with self storage and big names; we are family owned and operated. As far as marketing, there is a few posts about this with some great suggestions. They might be going off of your ratings compared to your competitors. Do you have any ratings? Are they low? Do you ask all of your tenants to rate you? You could reach out on social media, for example. Or call apartments in the area, realtors, etc. Offer some specials to get people in the door; % or $ off rent for first 3 months when paid up front then regular price. Depending on your area.
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like there are two variables here.  Are you not getting any calls and need to improve marketing? or as you say you are getting leads but they turn elsewhere and you need to find out why.  I would find the answers to those two questions to help you understand how to proceed.

Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage
  • VanMall
    VanMall Registered User
    Well thank you both a bunch. You got my wheels turning and I will come up with a game plan and see if it works! :) I'm sure this COVID stuff isn't helping matters either
    Billie W.
  • densus
    densus Registered User
    It's definitely a challenge, but you've got the right attitude—getting those wheels turning is the first step to finding that winning game plan.

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads