refund

I over charged a customer and need to refund their credit card payment back. How do I do this? I can't find anything in the software program to do this.
TIA!
Tagged:

Comments

• MamaDuke7
    MamaDuke7 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, you usually have to just go to your payment processor and manually process the refund.  Then add the charges back in the Sitelink account.

Sitelink doesn't usually allow a partial refund, and more often than not, no refund at all through the software.  Only merchandise, and for us even that can't go back to the card.  Only a credit to their account.

To give a merchandise refund, go to Adjustments: Returns and Inventory Adjustments.  Select the receipt by searching if necessary.  Then it'll give you a list of what's refundable and you select the quantity of each item to be returned.
  • BusyProperties
    BusyProperties Registered User ✭✭✭
    I usually just ask if I can issue a check to them. One time I logged into the merchant website and processed it that way but it took days for the customer to get the money back on the card. When I called the merchant to inquire on it they said that it was on the bank's end, not theirs. 
  • i43storage
    i43storage Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    We issue all refunds via check.  It is cheaper and the bookkeeping is much easier.
    Jean Marie
    I-43 Storage

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads