24 Hour Access

craigw
craigw Registered User
My general/"business" hours for customer access are 0600-2200 7 days a week.  One of my assistant managers moved someone in on my off day a couple months ago, and had attempted to set him up for the 24 hour access optoin in Sitelink, as he is a police officer.  I also have another customer that recently wanted temporary 24 hour access as he had to move in at an odd time.
WELL... whenever someone sets up a customer on the 24 Hour access option in Sitelink, their access code never works and the keypad always sends back a message something along the lines of:  ACCESS DENIED, UNKNOWN AREA.  

Any idea how to fix this/what to do about it?   
Tagged:

Answers

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gate software are you using? It could be a factor in getting it setup correctly as I've had gate software and sitelink fight over who's setting to use before :)
  • DerekBrett
    DerekBrett Registered User ✭✭✭
    You could try going in to Access on sitelink and updating all tenants. You could reset your gate. You could go into your gate software and possible give 24hr access there. Just be careful messing with your gate software directly because sitelink is supposed to talk to it directly and you might mess up the communication somewhere.
  • craigw
    craigw Registered User
    I have StorLogix gate software. 
  • Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately I have no experience with that gate software to offer much guidance for the software itself. I would check to ensure there is actually a 24hour timezone setup in the software to code someone towards though. I've seen some sites during take overs that never even had that option so I had to go back in and create it in the software for it to be recognized as a 24hour. Otherwise in your tenant ledger settings you should be able to set them to 24 hours and make sure it's to the right/all keypads for whichever may fit the situation. Save it then go as Derek said and Access>Update all tenants to make sure it feeds to the gate software.
  • DerekBrett
    DerekBrett Registered User ✭✭✭

We use storlogix! Go into storlogix> edit user> select user> next> then at the bottom there will be a check box that says user is suspended. if you uncheck that and then save everything it should work. double check that they are given 24 hr access from that same screen.

however like I said earlier this might fog up communications between sitelink and storlogix so be careful.

• teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitelink needs to have the "Time Zones" set up for your various access levels (Which then have to also be set in Storlogix). After the zones are set, simply use the drop down box inside the tenants ledger settings to assign.

A quick/dirty fix for 24 hour access I've found with Storlogix/Sitelink: Click the box in tenant's ledger settings marked "never lock out at gate". That should always allow the tenant access.

• Eric_Lewis
    Eric_Lewis Registered Moderator, Community Manager, SiteLink Tech Support, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified marketplace moderator
    SiteLink and the Gate System(Storlogix in this case) must have matching zone numbers.  For instances in the screen shot from SiteLink showing Zone 3 24 Hours, if Storlogix does not have a Zone 3 the tenant would likely receive 'Unknown Area' message at the keypad.  To setup the corresponding zones in your gate software please Storlogix support to add the additional zones.  

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads