Practice.......

Shawnab8
Shawnab8 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
I just found out that I can use Sitelink in demo mode and practice doing anything. All you have to do is close out Sitelink then when you open it back up replace all the login stuff with the word demo, corp code- demo, location code- demo, username- demo, password- demo and you can click anything. Just don't forget to go back to normal before you help a customer. Also write down your corporate code and location code before doing it. 

Comments

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, although it wont be 100% to your company settings as every company operates differently. Some bigger companies even have an additional site database they pay for they can log into for testing things out before putting them into a live site. Also what I teach employees to do if they want to practice move in's is go through the motions like a real move in and just cancel/roll back when done, as long as you don't hit the finish button or take a payment it will undo the move in like it never happened.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭

I STILL want them to spin up a virtual site copied from our database specifically for training....environment like the DEMO site where nothing actually happens (in real database) and everything resets when closed.

I don't see why that so difficult to do...we used to do it all the time when I was in IT... spin up a virtual server / test environment for testing updates, new software, and patches....

• Orkocean
    Orkocean Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some companies do have the test site @teamcapitola, it's just a matter of if your company wants to pay for the additional database. On a side note, is yours a one off site or do you have other locations as well? I know looking up yours it looks pretty nice and they put some care into it, would be curious how the others look.
  • teamcapitola
    teamcapitola Registered User, Daily Operations Certified, Advanced Operations Certified, Administrator Certified, myHub Certified ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Orkocean our location is the only one at the moment. We have 2 in the works.

The test site is one of those "would be awesome, but not awesome enough to pay for" items. 

Our new wordpress website goes live next week so stay tuned...our current one is 8 years old
  • Orkocean
    @Orkocean our location is the only one at the moment. We have 2 in the works.

The test site is one of those "would be awesome, but not awesome enough to pay for" items. 

Our new wordpress website goes live next week so stay tuned...our current one is 8 years old
    Ah gotcha. I didn't even know the test site was a pay for add-on until I noticed this company didn't have it and reached out about it.

Same here, they're working on building 1 new one and adding on to this one and another one in Modesto as well as looking to purchase 3-4 more soon.
  • Shawnab8
    Shawnab8 Registered User, Daily Operations Certified ✭✭
    I didn't know it was an add on either. I just thought it was a good tool. 

© 2018 SiteLink Software, LLC. All Rights Reserved

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy   |  Cookies Policy   |  Help  |  Contact Community Manager   |  Change Marketplace Ads